Things To Do
You will never be bored in Mortimer Country! The fantastic North Herefordshire countryside just calls you to get out & explore - by foot, bike or from horse. The sparkling waters of the Teme & Lugg are a fishermans' delight. And don't forget the castles & fortifications - we have a greater concentration of fortifications than anywhere else in the country - our legacy from the Mortimers, the Romans & our Iron Age ancestors.
Despite being such a quiet area, we are close to Ludlow so cultural events are a regular feature....and we love our food - growing it and cooking it. And if you would like more of an adrenalin rush - then try out the activities at Wheely Wonderful Cycling, Oaker Wood and Shobdon Airfield.
Remember to stay in one of our great Bed & Breakfasts or Hotels, and of course eat at our local inns & pubs to make that experience even more memorable. If you have time for a longer stay, there are plenty of self catering properties, with friendly hosts, who can give you all the local information about what to see and do in the area.
How to spend your time in Mortimer Country
- Walking - walk The Mortimer Trail or Herefordshire Trail, or try one of the new Walking with Offa walks
- Activities - Cycle Hire and Cycling holidays and Multi activities from quad biking to Tree top rope walkways
- Attractions From the grand National Trust properties of Croft Castle and Berrington Hall to Norman churches and special events
- Cycling - cycle on quiet country lanes or tackle the mountain biking routes in Hopton Woods
- Family Activities - the best days out for children in and around Mortimer Country - from Ludlow to the Welsh Borders
- Golf - 3 great golf courses on the English Welsh borders
- Fishing - Fish for trout & salmon on our local rivers
- Horse Riding - ride through Mortimer Forest and on the network of bridleways through the Shropshire & Herefordshire
- Motor Sports - vintage cars love to tour Herefordshire's lanes, or take to the air to try gliding.
- Spectator Sports watch cricket, horse racing and join in our village shows.