Shobdon - Gothic Church & Airfield
Situated 12 miles south west of Ludlow on the 30 mile Ludlow to Kington Mortimer Trail waking route through glorious Shropshire and Herefordshire countryside. Close to the medieval village of Pembridge on the Black & White Trail.
Top things to do & see
- Shobdon airport – small airfield offering gliding microlighting and helicopter training. Great for watching small planes with good cafe
- Church of St John – unique combination of rococo and “Strawberry Hill Gothick” originating from 12th century – with Norman arches in surrounding parkland
- Fishing lakes at Pearl Lake campsite
- Local events at village hall in local school
- Annual Food and Drink Festival
- Village pub names after former owners of Shobdon court – the Batemans
- Mortimer Trail Loop Walk
Accommodation near Shobden
Pearl Lake Leisure Park - caravan park
The Buzzards - self catering holiday cottages
The Batemans Arms
Cafe at Airfield
Please click in the thumbnails below to enlarge images.