Aymestrey - Riverside Walks
The small village of Aymestrey is situated in stunning countryside next to the River Lugg. It offers wonderful opportunities for walks among the hills of North Herefordshire and is ideally placed mid-way on the Mortimer Trail. It lies close to the bustling market towns of Ludlow and Leominster with their acclaimed restaurants and renowned food and cultural festivals.
Aymestrey is conveniently situated in one of the more hilly areas of Herefordshire, close to the border with Shropshire. The A4110 runs through the village and is part of the old Roman road, Watling Street.
Top things to do & see
- An interesting Norman Church with a beautiful rood screen.
- the Valley of the river Lugg
- Croft Ambrey hill fort
- The historic mill at Mortimer's Cross
- the site of the Battle of Mortimer's Cross (1461), South of the village
- Walks on the Mortimer Trail and on an abundance of footpath
- regular events in the village and in the area
- fishing day tickets from the Riverside
Accommodation in Aymestrey
The Riverside Inn
Please click in the thumbnails below to enlarge images.